Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z4 G4 Worksatation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I have a HP Z4 G4 Worksatation whose  motherboard has a 18pin and a 12pin connectors for the power supply. I'm looking for pin layout of this so that I can change the power supply to a more powerful standard ATX PSU. I have been searching the internet with no luck. Hope someone here can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HP has a optional high quality 700 watt supply available for this model so i'm having a hard time seeing a need for a higher wattage psu

since this is a rather new system (under warranty in many cases) aftermarket suppliers really don't see the need for ATX supply adapters yet

i suspect your actually wanting to replace the stock 465 watt HP supply with CHEAPER ATX 700 WATT SUPPLY correct?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06134496

HP Recommended

You are right.

HP Recommended

thought so,.....sorry to say but the best/only course for you is to pony up the money for the HP 700 watt unit

adapting a ZTX supply to this model, is not just a simple rewiring of the wires, you also need to build a voltage converter board to supply voltages that ATX supplies lack that the hp board needs

look at any of the commercial hp to atx workstation 18 pin power adapters you can buy and you will see a small module inserted in the wiring

HP Recommended

I don't dink with HP power supply coversions from ATX power supplies.... too important to me to get it right.  However, used HP ones off eBay have served me well.  We run a lot of HP workstations and I never, ever, have had a HP replacement from eBay be bad (or fail subsequently).

So, if I was you I'd scurry on over to eBay and do a search for 851382-003.   There is one there you might want for 99.00 including shipping.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.