Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I noticed that Intel RST gives me an error when I press the tray icon, which has green check and seems to work fine. I just can't access to Intel RST GUI. I noticed this error after Windows 10 upgraded to version 2004.

Does anyone know what to do? I have RAID 1 on that workstation and it is good to check sometimes in what state that RAID is.

2020_10_08-13_37_56.png

2020_10_08-13_46_57.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the intel RST package contains two separate programs, the RST driver, and the GUI interface program which can modify the RST driver settings.

if having issues with the program,  first try uninstalling the program via control panel  then rebooting

now download the Intel RSTe (enterprise) package version 4.5.1234 WHQL from station-drivers "dot" com

i can't provide a direct link due to HP forum rules, also note that intel no longer lists earlier RSTe drivers which still support the z420's  c602 chipset and the HP site only has the earlier 4.3 release posted

as i recall the Intel Version 4.6.0.1085 WHQL driver is the last to have support for the C602 chipset, so you might want to also try this package

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

the intel RST package contains two separate programs, the RST driver, and the GUI interface program which can modify the RST driver settings.

if having issues with the program,  first try uninstalling the program via control panel  then rebooting

now download the Intel RSTe (enterprise) package version 4.5.1234 WHQL from station-drivers "dot" com

i can't provide a direct link due to HP forum rules, also note that intel no longer lists earlier RSTe drivers which still support the z420's  c602 chipset and the HP site only has the earlier 4.3 release posted

as i recall the Intel Version 4.6.0.1085 WHQL driver is the last to have support for the C602 chipset, so you might want to also try this package

HP Recommended

Thanks. I will check it out and report back here. It may take some days because of my lack of time to solve this now.

HP Recommended

Succcess. I tried Intel RSTe (enterprise) package version 4.5.1234 WHQL from the site DGroves mentioned and it worked. I can again work with GUI of Intel RST and check the state of my RAID 1 system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.