Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z420 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi team,

Please help me, i have problem with Z420 Workstation PC that get error 110 out of memory space for option ROMs. First i had follow manual to disable all uneeded ROM (such PCIe 3,4,5, and 6), also i reset the BIOS by plug out CMOS batery for more than 5 seconds. I had try swap HD, RAM, and VGA card but there is in good condition in other PC. Is this fault related to the motherboard ???

Please suggest

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

some pci-e cards (like Raid controllers for example) have a onboard rom that is merged into the computers bios during startup.

each pci-e's cards bios will consume more of the available space that the mfgr allocated for this function if the total requested/used option rom space is exceeded you will get a error.

the solution is to either remove a pci-e card that has a bios rom thus decreasing the used option rom space used

and/or disabling some/all of the onboard peripherals such as the z420onboard lan's boot rom, and/or the onboard LSI SAS/SATA controller

disabling the option rom for pci-e slots that do not have a card installed is pointless as there is nothing to disable!!!!

try setting the bios back to factory defaults first, and then if nessary disable the onboard Lan boot option and if nessary do the same for the onboard LSI controller boot rom

HP Recommended

Hi DGroves,

What the effect if i disable lan boot? is it make PC lan card function disable? so it cant connect to the network?

Kindly please advise also how to enable those setting,

Thank You very much for your prompt response

BR

frisal

HP Recommended

Hi DGrove,

i had set BIOS to factory setup and disable ROM but nothing happen (still error 110 out of space of memory ROMs).

its possibility Motherboard broken? because this PC already power on since 2013

kindly please advise

thanks

@DGroves wrote:

some pci-e cards (like Raid controllers for example) have a onboard rom that is merged into the computers bios during startup.

each pci-e's cards bios will consume more of the available space that the mfgr allocated for this function if the total requested/used option rom space is exceeded you will get a error.

the solution is to either remove a pci-e card that has a bios rom thus decreasing the used option rom space used

and/or disabling some/all of the onboard peripherals such as the z420onboard lan's boot rom, and/or the onboard LSI SAS/SATA controller

disabling the option rom for pci-e slots that do not have a card installed is pointless as there is nothing to disable!!!!

try setting the bios back to factory defaults first, and then if nessary disable the onboard Lan boot option and if nessary do the same for the onboard LSI controller boot rom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.