Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z800 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Z800 one day suddenly takes 4 hours to boot (instead of 2 minutes) and I can't get into boot options or BIOS.

It also says "Executing post delay" on the bottom of the screen after 10 minutes of a black screen.

It still will eventually fully boot but considering it takes 3-5 hours (longest time was 7 hours) it's a bit of a problem.

I really can't find a solution or even a thread of someone having the same problem on an HP machine, if anyone knows how to fix this please comment on this thread.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update: I ended up resetting my HP Z800 and reinstalled windows, it boots up normally now, however, there is a new (rather worse) problem. I will link the new post I made: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Administration-powers-removed-fr...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Very strange.

Run HP Diagnostics (Link).

Did you add new hardware or make any BIOS changes?

Pull the CR2032 MB battery. Let the PC sit for a while.

Reinstall or replace the battery.

Start the PC again.

Regards

HP Recommended

Is it running on a RAID, it will try to rebuild a raid to boot and this will take hours.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm sorry I replied late, but none of my drives or running on RAID. I only have a 256GB 2.5" ADATA SSD and a 1TB 3.5" Hitachi HDD.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm sorry I replied late, but the CR2032 MB Battery reset didn't work, I replaced the battery but the Workstation still takes hours to boot up. I haven't made any BIOS changes or add any new hardware or software. I also can't run HP Diagnostics because the diagnostics software that I download from your link never extracted its files. It also took away my administration powers from my PC.

HP Recommended

Update: I ended up resetting my HP Z800 and reinstalled windows, it boots up normally now, however, there is a new (rather worse) problem. I will link the new post I made: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Administration-powers-removed-fr...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.