Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z840 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Z840 workstation. T4P07UT. I experimented with dual boot Windows + Linux. I did not touch UEFI partition. Remember that turned of legacy and turned on secure boot. F10 and Esc buttons do not work. I reset CMOS no result. PXE and Intel Boot Agent are loading including LSAS utility. No OS booting. I reset Boot Block Recovery Jumper, the workstation keeps beeping 8 times sets the no audible beeps only red light flashing. After 4-5 minutes workstation becomes noisy and fans working hard with no result. Before booting with  Boot Block Recovery Jumper off position inserted flash drive with BIOS BIN in the New folder. No result. I need help.

Thank you.

VB

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

w10 does not like dual boot and only w10 and only linux UEFI verified can do that,  dual, and the steps are like 10 pages long

why not just run w10 with hyperV  loaded, and run linux in image mode?

HP and any business grade PC for sure z series, needs PXE of in the NIC page and not allowed in boot order ever

PXE is thin Client PC boot off a BOOT SERVER, turn that off.

why are you messing with BIOS , do not mess that up or brick the PC for eternity wow. boot block.

google the millions of folks bricked a good PC, playing with BIOS flash update,  (a 2020 horror max) learn it ,heed it.😂

the BIOS here has no UEFI boot manager,  at all. (like one sees with GRUB)

it boots only in ORDER. 1 at a time and 2nd only if 1st fails super simple logic there, (and for over 3 decades)

my guess is you installed windows in secure boot mode right? sure. legacy OFF, (of)

if ESC goes dead 101.

remove all HDD./SSD and M.2 drives

fail still?

then replace the dead RTC battery now, below 2.9vdc is BAD.

now ESC works right,?

if not the BIOS is now bricked. (psu not dead or CPU not dead or ram not dead, monitor POST errors closely)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.