Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

im looking for HP z800 PSU schematic does any one where i can get it ? 

my psu is failing when it needs to take high wattage its an 1100 watt psu i need the schematic so i can start replacing capacitors ect ect if that wont work then i need to hack a atx power supply into the hp z800 power supply 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You won't find a schematic.

How about $200.00 for a used one off eBay?  Note that this same power supply has 3 main searchable part numbers:

HP P/N: (aka HP Assembly P/N) = 480794-003

Spare P/N: (aka HP Spares P/N) = 508149-001

Delta DPS-1050DB A (with different revision numbers... the one I looked at on eBay is 03F).

HP Z800 1110W power supply.jpg

These are custom engineered to significantly above and different from ATX standards including the shape.  The much more common (cheaper) version is the 850W one and I see one on eBay for 78.00 Buy It Now, free shipping.  Newer video cards and drives generally use less power these days and many Z800 workstations  get by with that one just fine.

Home grown attempts at repair/hacking risk your motherboard quite a bit.  Below is the 850W version.  The assembly part number might end with -001, -002, -003, -004 so you can search using those variations too.  I'd tend to go for the higher number version if more than one of those variations were available at same cost.

Z800 850W version.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.