Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Device Manager 5.0
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

Hello, I have problem after upgrade from HPDM 4.7 SP11 to HPDM 5.0

We have 4 HPDM  servers:

1. HPDM GW, SERVER, Child repo, configuration center, console

2. HPDM GW, Master Repo, configuration center, console

3. HPDM GW, Child Repo, configuration center, console

4. HPDM GW, Child Repo, configuration center, console

Only on server 1. I dont run configuration center and in event viewer i see this error massage:

Faulting application name: ConfigurationCenter.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cee320e
Faulting module name: ConfigurationCenter.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cee320e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005d794
Faulting process id: 0x17a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d531a1ee054c9f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\HP\HP Device Manager\Configuration Center\ConfigurationCenter.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\HP\HP Device Manager\Configuration Center\ConfigurationCenter.exe
Report Id: 8c057aab-bd63-41ba-8c1e-c881b88e93f5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Reinstall this componnet dont help us

Thank you for message 🙂

Petr Čížek

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Please make sure the Windows Server is patched up.  In another similar case where KB2999226 was missing on Server 2012 R2, the C++ RTL was not able to install.  Please apply that patch and then install the C++ RTL manually. You can find it in the install folder under C:\SWSetup

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
HP Recommended

Hello,

KB2999226 is not supported  for W2016 servers, but I completely updated server and reinstall VCRedist with same error message in event viewer.

What next?

Petr Čížek

HP Recommended

Can you please confirm if the Gateway on the same installation can start?  If yes this is another intermittent issue.  We are working on a solution.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Yes, Gateway function normaly.

HP Recommended

Hi Glazar,

this issue was reported once only.  And you are the second case.  We have built a new binary.  However, we were not able to replicate the issue.  The first case owner did help verify an internal build.  But before we get the final binary, the environment was gone.  So please beware of this binary may or may not fix the issue you encounter.  If you still want to give it a try, here is the link: 

HPDM5.0_ConfigurationCenter_SpecialBuild

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

When I try run your app:

Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Glazar,

this binary is not for running alone.  It requires libraries.  From the instruction, it is to replace the binary in the installation.  By default it is C:\Program Files\HP\HP Device Manager\Configuration Center\.  You should be able to find a binary in exactly the same file name in it.  Please back it up and put the special binary in.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

I'm Having a lot of issues with the installation of HPDM

The bigest problem is that I can't start the Configuration Center on the Win2016 server

Event Error: 

Faulting application name: ConfigurationCenter.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cee320e
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.2608, time stamp: 0x5bd133d4
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f7b43
Faulting process id: 0x1034
Faulting application start time: 0x01d57abad48127fc
Faulting application path: D:\HP Device Manager\Configuration Center\ConfigurationCenter.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: c86f5804-85fa-4a8e-86f2-26267dc6152e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have reinstalled several times.. an rebooted the server

HP Recommended

Please have a look at file hibernate.properties in folder Server\conf.  At line #5 for hibernate.connection.url, if you have a hostname, you can try changing it into IP and save.  Then try to start the configuration center again.

I am an HPI Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.