Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z2 Mini Workstation

I just purchased a Z2 Mini Workstation and an HP Z27k G3 4K USB-C 27" Display.

How do I mount the Z2 on the Z27k it like in this picture? Which bracket do I need to buy?Mustang_27_Luado_Hero_RearLeft_671c2440-8517-4102-b273-1c4adb4c6b63_1000x.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Look at the single question/answer about your specific monitor HERE .

And, your HP monitor stand adapter is detailed HERE .

Search via Google for:  "HP 16U00AT" (and find a source that has it in stock).  That HP kit will come with proper screws of correct length and threading.  Note that the mini can be mounted to this and then this slips onto the back of your very nice monitor.  That secure shell referenced above adds safety for your mini but is not truly necessary (for example it is absent in your original first-post picture).

What you want.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MichaelJoneston -- click this link: HP PartSurfer

to look at the HP warehouse of components for your computer.

You should find the "stand" for your monitor.

Or, do a search for the model-number of your display within YouTube, hoping to find a "how to" video to show you how to connect your computer to the stand.

HP Recommended

Michael, There is a search bar up at the top of this forum's page... it would let you search for something like "Mount Z2 Mini"?

Which can get you a post like THIS:.

Re: Mounting of z2 mini to monitor. - HP Support Community - 8214871

You're close to a perfect answer with that.  Look up Y7B61AA also... all minis with your newer octagonal form factor can thereby be locked in place inside that secure mounting shell after it has been attached to a HP rear-facing monitor mounting adapter appropriate for your stand.  Those HP shells also can be attached to any rear-facing non-HP VESA mount.  The minis are so small they can walk pretty easily, but you don't absolutely need that secure mounting shell.  See below...

HP Recommended

Look at the single question/answer about your specific monitor HERE .

And, your HP monitor stand adapter is detailed HERE .

Search via Google for:  "HP 16U00AT" (and find a source that has it in stock).  That HP kit will come with proper screws of correct length and threading.  Note that the mini can be mounted to this and then this slips onto the back of your very nice monitor.  That secure shell referenced above adds safety for your mini but is not truly necessary (for example it is absent in your original first-post picture).

What you want.jpg

HP Recommended

Fantastic, thank you for this!
I spend about an hour searching around online and couldn't find a solution.

Great find spotting this Q&A on the B&H website.

I'm going to order one now and see if it works.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.