Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
xw8400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Are there special requirements for installing DIMMs in single-processor versions of the xw8400 series of workstations? It seems to me that I read something on this topic or was advised about it sometime in the last few weeks.

Unfortunately, search as I may, I cannot locate any references to special considerations for adding DIMMs to workstations with just one processor. What am I missing, if anything?

Dennis, aka "d2b"

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DBrunnenmeyer 

Please use the following instructions

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c00724973

Note:   No spare DIMM support

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I read all of this information several times over the last week or two. I am now quite familiar with those specifications.  Unfortunately, I am still looking for the advisory information that I am quite certain I read elsewhere regarding deviations from these recommendations for single-processor versions of the workstation.

The impression I got was that a single-processor xw8400 may not be able to take advantage of all of the "standard" DIMM installation schemes usually described in the document quoted above.

All I'm asking is this:  Are there special DIMM installation instructions  for optimizing memory usage in single-processor xw8400 PCs, or not? If so, what are they?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, search as I may, I cannot locate any references to special considerations for adding DIMMs to workstations with just one processor. What am I missing, if anything?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.