Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP xw6600 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is my system support VT-x to run Virtual Box - I can Not find to activate in BIOS, well? Is my Motherboard supports VT-x???

Product:
HP Xw6600 Workstation / XEON E5405 / 26GB RAM DDR2
Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) Pro

IMG_20200706_080403.jpgIMG_20200706_080419.jpgIMG_20200706_080432.jpgIMG_20200706_080441.jpgIMG_20200706_080512.jpgxw6600--vt-x.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

solved = was under OS Security

OS Security
Provides these options:
  • Data Execution Prevention—Enables or disables Data Execution Prevention mode in the processors. This mode prohibits code from running in pages that were set up as data pages, and prevents attacks such as buffer overflows. Operating system support is required for this feature.
  • Intel Virtualization Technology (VTx)—Enables or disables Intel Virtualization Technology to increase workstation performance.
  • Intel IO Virtualization—Enables or disables Virtualization Technology to increase workstation I/O performance.
  • OS Management of Embedded Security Device—Enables or disables the ability of the operating system to control the TPM device, including turning it on and off, initializing it, and resetting it.
  • Reset of Embedded Security Device through OS—Enables or disables the ability of the operating system to reset the TPM.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

solved = was under OS Security

OS Security
Provides these options:
  • Data Execution Prevention—Enables or disables Data Execution Prevention mode in the processors. This mode prohibits code from running in pages that were set up as data pages, and prevents attacks such as buffer overflows. Operating system support is required for this feature.
  • Intel Virtualization Technology (VTx)—Enables or disables Intel Virtualization Technology to increase workstation performance.
  • Intel IO Virtualization—Enables or disables Virtualization Technology to increase workstation I/O performance.
  • OS Management of Embedded Security Device—Enables or disables the ability of the operating system to control the TPM device, including turning it on and off, initializing it, and resetting it.
  • Reset of Embedded Security Device through OS—Enables or disables the ability of the operating system to reset the TPM.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.