Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Tried to downgrade to 3.91 bios but i get an 0x0d error at the end of the flash process... the system seem ok but downgrade not happened.

HP Recommended

ok, that field is usually filled in at the factory or when the motherboard is replaced

do not downgrade bios, you may fully corupt the bios trying to do so

i suspect the me firmware on this system is corupted. unless you require remote domain access on this system i would leave it as is.

trying to force a reinstall of the firmware requires a detailed understanding of the AMT operating system and unless done corectly can render the motherboard non functional

do you have a extended hp service pack warranty on this system?

HP Recommended

No extended warranty 😞

The problem arised few years ago. I've got an alert on the amt software. At that time i've simply ignored it as wasn't causing any big problem (but the user complained about frequent network mapped drive disconnections after that event, not know if can be related ). Now i'm reinstalling the os on the workastions (5 identical) and i'm also updating what is to update (bios, firmware, etc).

On this problematic workstation i can't reinstall the os with the provided cd's, as i get a red screen during the setup process.  On all the other workstations all work as expected. So i suppose that the red screen os caused by the only thong that seem to not work (the me interface...)

HP Recommended
Little thing that i've noticed. I've restored windows 7 to a working machine with the cd's. No unknown peripherals on the fully functional os.Cloned the drive to the one of the problematic workstation, pur the cloned drive on the problematic ws and i have the 2 yellow mark on the me Interface and com driver, but i've also a new peripheral with 8086:1d3b ven:pid with no drivers. Both computers have the bios resetted to defaults. Why on the machine with me failed i have this peripheral?
HP Recommended

motherboard has failed, replace board or entire system

as to why it failed, well **bleep** happens and neither of us has access to the equipment to determine which chip on the board is the cause

HP Recommended
I suspect only me firmware failure... but i've read over the net that's quite difficult to fix, with an high risk of not booting anymore (bios to edit with very few informations on the net).. by now i leave the cloned os on, as it's working, and as the windows key in the bios (slic), also the activation process os fine. And when the system develop other problems, i'll replace it.
Really thank for the support!
HP Recommended

you are having this because the AMT is defective and the motherboard has a failed/failing part

HP Recommended
Are years that the board has the me not working... always in the same state. Would be nice to try to reload the me firmware to see if it's the only problem, but the effort and the risk not worth... i'll use the cloned os and see what happens...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.