Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z820
Linux

Looking for drivers for Samsung NVMe drive for an older Linux system. It will be used as data drive only so boot is not needed. There is no driver for NVMe on the system but I can see the card and details on the PCIe bus.

lspci |grep -i samsung
60:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device a808

lspci -s 60:00.0 -v
60:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device a808 (prog-if 02)
Subsystem: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device a801
Physical Slot: 7
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 3
Memory at e1100000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
Power Management version 3
MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
Express Endpoint, MSI 00
MSI-X: Enable- Count=33 Masked-
Advanced Error Reporting

Latency Tolerance Reporting

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you @DGroves

I have spent several hours on the backports.wiki.kernel.org site today downloading and making, and installing  different packages

I tried several packages from backports from v3.14 and newer up since I understand the support for NVMe was implemented from version 3.3

This making and installing part is not my strong side so I hope you can assist me a bit further here.

There seams to be lots of things installed when running “make install” etc but I don’t see any changes to the system after reboot and no driver is loaded for the NVMe module

HP Recommended

sorry i have limited experience with linux build tools for compiling a linux kernel, common issues are related to not installing the necessary support packages needed to compile the kernel 

you should post for help on a forum for your version of linux

HP Recommended

Thank you. I have a post in a linux forum as well but not much information on this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.