Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z230 Tower Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Z230  with NVIDIA Quadro K600. This VGA comes with DisplayPort and DVI port.

If I connect my ViewSonic Led  VX2453mh-LED via HDMI to the DisplayPort with Cable Matters Unidirectional DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter Cable (DP to HDMI) 10 Feet that i bought from Amazon the screen light but there is no sound.

I bought DisplayPort to HDMI converter then connect HDMI cable from ViewSonic to the converter then sound is working on the screen.

I am wondering why the sound is working with the adapter, but not working with DisplayPort to HDMI cable.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Dear Samokamo,

Your post is not being ignored. It should work, so I have been trying to work-out why it does not work.

Most likely culprit is the Windows 10 drivers/driver-update function ... which if you read most posts in here is clearly dysfunctional (does not work - just causes problems) and Windows 10 updated drivers - which for all intent and purposes simply do not exist (if they do - they do not work/work-properly); however you toss in a curve-ball with the Viewsonic monitor. They are (hard to imagine) worse than Microsoft on drivers and causing conflicts with other components/hardware - in my years of experience (with their monitor products).

In any other circumstance I would say it is the Windows 10 drivers  = go into Device Manager and check them for conflicts/malfunction - which I think -by the sound of you (smart), you have already done.

I stress I am not and never have been a HP agent or employee. I have/own a lot of their product (for decades), and hold their dedicated staff in high regard - thus (time allowing) try to show that appreciation helping-out here (open hosted HP forum).

My assessment/evaluations are independent - not those of Hewlett Packard.

Having done the disclaimer/caveat ... Viewsonic have been on my/our "Supplier Black List" for over ten years (including peers/institutions we advise/seek our advice). In house (ie. amongst ourselves) we call them "boat anchors" - basically meaning that might be an area of functional reliability, but do not count on it (probably float away, with your boat).

Try your configuration out with a friends monitor - that is not viewsonic and/or without viewsonic drivers. If the same thing happens (doubted) - then the problem lies with the windows 10x drivers.

Cheers,

Rick.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.