Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have the latest BIOS 2.57 and Windows 21H1, I ran an elevated system information and it reports PCR7 binding not possible. Everything is turned on, secure boot, tpm 2.0 and virtualization enabled. I’m wondering if the new BIOS update is the cause or it’s a Windows problem. 

BitLocker is available to use if I need it, no errors reported. 

Having the PCR7 error should not allow Bitlocker to work, but it’s available if needed. I found this Microsoft article concerning possible PCR7 errors…

“If there's more than one root certificate, for instance, Bitlocker won't bind to PCR7 because it cannot verify which root authority is the proper authority.”

Could this be a BIOS issue?   Where else would this root certificate be stored. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.