Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP compaq Elite 8300 CMT (Minitower)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody.
I want to install on my computer a game (with the minimum requirements) that needs a lot of computing power: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Currently my configuration is as follows:

OS Version → Windows 10 Pro
CPU → Intel i7 - 3770 - 3.40Ghz
GPU → Nvidia GT-710
VRAM → 2GB
RAM → 8GB
HDD → SDD 500GB
BANDWIDTH → 70Mbps
PSU → 320Watt

Flight Simulator 2020 minimum requirements is this:

MFS 2020

So I have to replace PSU and GPU

QUESTIONS:
1) I want to buy the following Nvidia GTX-970 GPU or Radeon RX-570. Is it electronically compatible with my SP mainboard # 657096-001?

GTX-970

RX-570

2) I already have a 500W ATX power supply, in the + 12V it delivers 336Watt (see attached image). Could it be enough to power the GTX-970 + CPU GPU? (other peripherals installed are 1SSD, 1DVDROM) Note: I already know that I need to use a 24pin to 6pin adapter

3) Does the Nvidia GTX-970 GPU necessarily have to be connected with a direct connector in the power supply? 4pin or 6pin?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

you will need a 550 watt (or better) QUALITY ATX supply and a hp 8300 elite ATX power adapter for your 8300 elite minitower

most 970 cards use about 170 watts, if you use a single SSD  a name brand 500 will work as the stock HP supply is 330 watts leaving 170 watts free which the 970 will use leaving almost nothing in reserve

google is your friend in locating both items

HP Recommended

Hi DGroves,

I have read the characteristics of the RX-570 video card and it seems that it is more performing and has a lower power consumption (120W), so I will buy this video card.
For the power supply I have ALMOST clear ideas, I know that I will have to use an ATX and use a 24pin to 6pin adapter.
I would like to know: does the video card need a specific power connector or is it powered by the PCI slot?

HP Recommended

any video card that pulls more than the 75 watt pci-e limit, must have aux power connector(s) on the card

since you are pushing the limit of a 500 watt supply IT MUST BE A NAME BRAND UNIT that can actually deliver the stated 500 watts.

most cheap/no name power supplies cannot deliver anywhere near their rated output listed on the label

seasonic/delta/corsair are 3 common first tier power supply makers and you will note the price for a 550 watt unit from each of the listed 3 will be quite close to each other, unless one is on sale

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.