Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HPZ620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I recently acquired a HP Z620 and a HP quadro K4000 from a Z820 to replace the K2000 that came with the Z620 everything was fine until I set tried changing the option ROM to efi, now when I reboot the monitor remains in stand by untill windows starts, so I can't access the bios to make any changes, just wondered if anyone has any idea what's happening.

Thanks in advance

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

if your OS is currently a legacy install (MBR) partition then there is no purpose or reason to enable UEFI for the video card

a no video on the bios may be due to the video connection used if using a TV/Monitor try a DVI or displayport

to reset the bios back to defaults simply use the reset CMOS button/jumper found on the motherboard

HP Recommended

DGroves thank you for your reply,  I switched to efi as I was having a strange problem with my boot drive as it was disappearing from the boot order and then reappearing after a restart or two and was under uefi and not legacy in the boot order, I also checked my windows 10 installation and that reported that it was using uefi as well.

But since I have made those changes in the BIOS it boots every time without no issues, apart from not being able to get into the BIOS at startup.  I am already using a displayport connection to my monitor.

I will reset via CMOS button/jumper as you suggested just baffled me a bit, and tbh I know workstations can be a bit different to your average PC so I thought it may have been something I had overlooked.

Thanks again for your reply

Mark

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.