Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-28-2020 11:22 PM
I wanted a mini with 2TB storage. EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini with i7 is 1 TB M.2 SSD storage with Raid 0 configured with a free M.2 2230/2280 slot for storage. Having previously had problems with Windows as a Raid controller I wanted to use hardware Raid controller instead so the device configured for Raid 0 was ideal. Before buying I phoned HP to ask if HP would supply extra 1 TB to make it 2 TB. HP said they were out of stock and said I could source it elsewhere easily enough and to get Raid 0 to work all I need do is install the second 1 TB and when I book up Windows would see 1x 2TB drive. I have installed the second 1 TB drive but on boot up Windows does not see 1x 2TB drive. Instead Windows sees the original 1 TB and the second 1 TB as unallocated 1 TB. I've looked in BIOS and cannot see how to get the hardware Raid 0 to work. Any help would be much appreciated.
07-28-2020 11:37 PM - edited 07-28-2020 11:38 PM
- Turn on the computer. If it is already on, restart it.
- When the computer turns on, before Windows opens, press the F10 key repeatedly.The BIOS opens.
- Select the Advanced tab, and then click System Options.
- Under System Options, select Configure Storage Controller for RAID and POST Prompt for RAID Configuration.
- Select the Main tab, and then click Save Changes and Exit.
- When asked if you want to save changes, click Yes.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community