Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z800 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I have the common problem with 4 LEDs in the power switch PCB of my HP Z800 (part number  534474-001). The workstation is working, but no light on any of LEDs 1-4 (the dual red/blue ones).  The green LED (LED 5) is working and lighting.

I know to solder, but I don't know the LED specifitacions to buy 4 replacement dual LEDs. There are several on internet with different specs.

Anyone know the LED model number ?  (or where to buy the same ones HP is using)

What about the voltage? and the current is as usual in diodes (20-30mA) ?

WP_20200515_01_46_04_Raw.jpgWP_20200714_18_25_57_Raw.jpg

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

your best bet is to simply check ebay for a z600 power button cable as it will also work in the z800

unless you have previous experience /equipment working with small SMD parts this is not something you can really do as the led's are attached to a plastic base carrier that has the copper traces bonded to it because of this using a temp controlled solder station is required as to much heat will melt the plastic you can however trace out the led's using a multimeter and see which led has failed, and then run a jumper wire across it to see if the led's light up, if so that's the defective led you need to replace

mouser and newark carry dual color smd led's look at their online catalog

Mouser Part #
630-HSMF-C164

https://www.mouser.com/Optoelectronics/LED-Lighting/LED-Emitters/Standard-LEDs-SMD/_/N-b1bb1?P=1z0j4...

HP Recommended

by the card on ebay

used

end this .

HP does NOT spec, out descrete part for sure these dual LED modules.

2 CPU and X38 chip my Z600 is super fast and run very fast, GPU cards.

on some PC the 2 LED in one pack are wired back to back reverse polarity,  so one way is one color and reversed polarity is 2nd color. yes 2vdc and yes 20mA or so.... does that help>?  turn on the pC use a voltmeter on the good led, see 2vdc bingo.

not saying I know what HP uses. just common PC power panels. that I have cured.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

This has come up before, and there is some added discussion for you to review,  HERE .

The cable for the Z800 might be longer than for the Z600.  There is a US eBay ad currently active that has the seller stating that the LEDs work, and they might be able to give you some added info.  About 50.00 USD currently, 3 left, found via search for 468625-001 or -002.  The one I swapped in is still used daily and the eBay replacement is still working perfectly.

The project, as I said in the prior post, is not a bad experience.  Doing micro-soldering is.  Support the economy and your sanity by forking over the cash.

HP Recommended

i'm running a z600 pwr cable in my z800 so i know it does fit, but there's not much slack in the cable as it just fits

it's also possible to unsolder the wires from the z600 led board and connect the led board to the z800 cable

i found the z600 cable to be the best way to go for me as it was quick to remove/replace the cable rather than unsolder the led board or id the needed led and do a component level repair

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.