I'm trying to install Windows 10 or Windows 7 on a new SSD on an HP Z820. When I try to install Windows 7, the drive doesn't show up as a drive to install Windows 7 onto. When I try to install Windows 10, I get an "IRQL Is Not Less Or Equal" error message. The drive is recognized in the BIOS, just not during the attempted Windows installs. Is there some driver you can provide that I can point to for Windows to recognize the drive?
again, windows 10 has all necessary drivers for the z820 included
1. redownload the win 10 installer (select win 10 pro x64)
2. set the z820 bios to factory defaults
3. remove all pci-e cards except for the video card
4. remove all drives except for the boot drive
5. install the win 10 usb key into a usb 2.0 port (while 3.0 will/should work i recommend you stay with 2.0)
windows 7 does not have native ssd support, this can be added using several KB files that ms released which add this support, however to install to a SSD these KB files need to be slipstreamed (added) to the win 7 x64 image (no ssd boot support for 32 win 7)
as win 7 is now a obsolete OS i'm not going to take time to find the needed KB files,.... you can do that if you wish using google
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".