Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

just got a Z2 g9 at work, so I have to go with Win 10 21h2

i was to put the Samsung m.s 970 plus 1TB in there, instead of the factory 512GB

BIOS (updated) sees it, but when trying to clone or clean install the drive isn't seen. I can't seem to find the .inf from any site to have it recognized in the clean image build. 

Samsung only provides .exe files for after the fact.

is this something i just can't install on a Z2 G9??  i don't see why. AM i just stuck in a loop where i can't find what i want because I am frustrated now??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if adding the storage controller driver that I zipped up and attached below on a clean install allows Windows to 'see' the drive.

This is the zip file from the Intel site.

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory (11th up to ...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if adding the storage controller driver that I zipped up and attached below on a clean install allows Windows to 'see' the drive.

This is the zip file from the Intel site.

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory (11th up to ...

HP Recommended

also try setting the BIOS back to factory defaults

to install windows, the BIOS should be set to "GPT" and legacy/CSM disabled 

last, a factory MS windows install image will auto detect UEFI or Legacy setup and and auto select the correct installer, however some OEM installers do not and are locked to UEFI or Legacy install only

this HP system supports downloading a  factory Install recovery image that has all necessary drivers  via HP cloud recovery

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I tried, when I could, this morning playing with all the settings. the options to set GPT, CSM i could NOT find in the latest BIOS.
I found similar sounding things, but still didn't get the drive. the reason I did this is we use a corporate HP image. I couldn't get it to go. 
SO I went with the zip file Paul attached. that was what i was looking for on HPs site. normally/in the old days, it used to be a file by itself. 
Why Samsung didn't have it either, i don't know. Never thought of the IRST driver. and I feel like i have done something like it before in the past. d'uh. sometimes you get stuck in a loop and can't get out.

Coincidentally, i had an Alienware laptop the same day, doing the same thing. that one I didn't change the drive, so i just made my Friday suck even more.  
Thanks to you,  I did the same thing, and both now have the standard ISO image on it. Just means i have a few more steps to do, to get it up to match our Corp. image, but at least windows is on.
thanks, very much!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.