Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z2 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with second display port. When I boot my PC  with second display connected, but switched off, second display port is not working. Even if I connect, reconnect video cable.

Primary display, connected to first display port is working properly.

But when I boot my PC with both displays swithed on, it started to boot ok and everythink is ok.

I can see boot info on both displays and also in windows it's working properly.

I think, problem should be in driver or in bios.

It started few months ago, I think, after some MS updates were installed.

Now, I have all drivers up to date, also installed last bios.

Video Card is Intel UHD 630.

Thanks for any helpfull ideas.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI,

I do not know in other ways. I have several workstations with 2, 3 and 4 monitors connected and during boot I only see the boot sequence on the main monitor. When I login into windows than the other monitors are switched on like I adjust them. But during boot up and also the MS Windows login screen always shown only on the main monitor. I have never seen than the boot-up sequence are shown on all connected monitors.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.