Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T5740
Microsoft Windows XP

I am repurposing an HPT5740 as a stand alone computer for a very limited function.  The 5740 has a wifi connection to the internet but will not be connected to a LAN.  I have deleted some of the networking specific software to make some room on the flash drive but am unsure about deleting the following software:

HP Connection Manager

HP Easy Tools

HPDM Agent for HP XPe/WES

Remote Graphics Server

Teem Talk for HP WES

Is any of the above software useful to retain if the Thin Client will no longer be used in a networking environment.

Thanks for your Help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

To my understanding as a standalone device, you don't need below software:

Remote Graphics Server

Teem Talk for HP WES

For system recovery just in case, you might want to consider keeping all the rest you mentioned.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.