Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elite Slice G2 with Microsoft Teams Rooms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We have a HP Elite Slice G2 that is a year old and originally came with skype rooms system, during our use it has automatically updated the Skype add to the new Teams Rooms and it has worked but late last year 4 versions ago now of Teams Rooms it stopped updating. I Tried a factory restore on the unit but now it has the old 3.1 version och skype that has no team support and our organisation is Teams only so need to update this asap since the unit is useless now.

So my question is how do you manually update the Skype/Team on this unit?

I have managed to figure out that it is installed as a windows store app on local user Skype but that user has autostart of this app when logging in and no way to get to desktop or run store app to initiate update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

last year in august/september HP published a tool : Hp Could Recovery Client specific for ELite SLice G2. I used it in Juanuary or february to update my previous version that was with Skype Romm only.

I was able to restore and it includes even Microsoft team but I never checked the version and I'm not able to verify it.

tool can be downloaded from here

http://hpsupport.cloudrecoverytool.download.s3.amazonaws.com/HPCloudRecoveryTool.exe

the page with this link has been removed by HP, I don't know why and not replaced. the instruction , still available thanks to google cache were:

1. Open this link:
  2. Download the HPCloudRecoveryTool.exe installer.
  3. Locate and run HPCloudRecoveryTool.exe.
  4. When HP Cloud Recovery Tool - InstallShield Wizard opens, click Next >.
  5. Accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next > to install the tool.
  6. Click Start and type "hp cloud".
  7. Right-click HP Cloud Recovery Tool, then select Run as Administrator.
  8. When the tool opens, click Next >.
  9. Wait for the Setup to initialize.
  10. Check I need to enter Product ID for my HP system.
  11. Enter this Product ID: 4ZE38AW#ABA, then click Next >.
  12. Insert the USB flash drive (32-GB minimum).
  13. Select the USB flash drive for the image download.

Hardware platforms affected : HP Elite Slice G2 - Audio Ready with Microsoft Teams Rooms, HP Elite Slice G2 - Partner Ready with Microsoft Teams Rooms, HP Elite Slice G2 with Intel Unite, HP Elite Slice G2 with Microsoft Teams Rooms

google cache link:

I hope this could help

bye

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello

last year in august/september HP published a tool : Hp Could Recovery Client specific for ELite SLice G2. I used it in Juanuary or february to update my previous version that was with Skype Romm only.

I was able to restore and it includes even Microsoft team but I never checked the version and I'm not able to verify it.

tool can be downloaded from here

http://hpsupport.cloudrecoverytool.download.s3.amazonaws.com/HPCloudRecoveryTool.exe

the page with this link has been removed by HP, I don't know why and not replaced. the instruction , still available thanks to google cache were:

1. Open this link:
  2. Download the HPCloudRecoveryTool.exe installer.
  3. Locate and run HPCloudRecoveryTool.exe.
  4. When HP Cloud Recovery Tool - InstallShield Wizard opens, click Next >.
  5. Accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next > to install the tool.
  6. Click Start and type "hp cloud".
  7. Right-click HP Cloud Recovery Tool, then select Run as Administrator.
  8. When the tool opens, click Next >.
  9. Wait for the Setup to initialize.
  10. Check I need to enter Product ID for my HP system.
  11. Enter this Product ID: 4ZE38AW#ABA, then click Next >.
  12. Insert the USB flash drive (32-GB minimum).
  13. Select the USB flash drive for the image download.

Hardware platforms affected : HP Elite Slice G2 - Audio Ready with Microsoft Teams Rooms, HP Elite Slice G2 - Partner Ready with Microsoft Teams Rooms, HP Elite Slice G2 with Intel Unite, HP Elite Slice G2 with Microsoft Teams Rooms

google cache link:

I hope this could help

bye

HP Recommended

Hello

I found the 17GB ISO file

OS is 1803. made in 2018.

I don'nt know TEams verison but it should be at least 2 years old

bye

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks, tried the recovery tool you linked, i was actually looking for this for hours since my first plan was to restore with the newest restore image hoping it had newest Teams Rooms system from start but it is impossible to find i guess HP has stopped supplying that service.

Tried with the prodict ID of our machine and it says invalid product ID, this machine comes in so many different version will not risk forcing it.

Man i hate to have to call HP support again, first experience was on hold a long time, then "call this number they know HP Elite better", calls and some guy only speaking Russian answers... this is by nature a very technical issue and to get connected to just that technician via phone that knows this is like winning the lottery 😕

HP Recommended

Found the active document for this i think

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06437358

It says type 4ZE38AW#ABA and that one is sold here to but under #UUW region.

We have 3KQ68EA#UUW and i found both and the only difference i can find on paper is that 3KQ68EA has 2x4GB RAM and 256GB disk, 4ZE38AW has 1x8GB RAM and 128GB disk.

Tried with 4ZE38AW#UUW in cloud recovery and that it found valid.

Now the question is though is it safe to try this.

HP Recommended

The utility works

I used it in February I was able to restore OS and Teams , but only now I realized it was Windows 10 1803 and I don't know Teams version.

I don't have the Slice G2 available now as the office are closed due to Covid-19

bye

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, i gave the cloud recovery a shot and it worked just changed region to #UUW and then i got the correct language options.

The version of the image the recovery tool creates now has still an very old Skype for business client but the good thing is that it is version 4.0 which indeed has Teams support and it works.

Now i can in a less stressful way search for a way to manually update the Teams client on this unit.

HP Recommended

Hello

thanks to have shared with everybody your experience, it will be useful even for other poeple owning a HP Slice G2 and want to recover.

If I'm not wrong, during the recover yat a certain poit it asked me if I wanted to recover a Zoom solution or Microsoft, but my memory removed such information. I should retry the procedure from the begin.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.