Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Thin client T520
Other

Hello,

We use 50 Thin clients HP T520. On the intranet, with freerdp connection we don't have any problem (web pages is displayed very well and it work fine), but on extranet (wan), so with VPN we have a slow connection at the level of web pages and also at the level of the applications. The server part using Windows Server 2008 R2.  We noticed that we have others HP Thin client (like t5550, T5545, T5540 or T510) and we have the same problems via VPN. For all we used HP ThinPro as operating system.

We have tested the VPN connections with Desktop Pc (Windows 7) + RDP, but we have not any problems with the connection's speed, and everything works fine.

So, in short:
Thin client + RDP (FreeRDP without VPN, intranet) = no problem
Descktop PC (classic) RDP + VPN = no problem
Thin client (HP, Thinpro) + RDP (FreeRDP) VPN = slow internet connection and blocking of applications.

So where is the problem?

Thank you for any help!

Sorry for my English!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, actually, the VPN problems wasn't linked with the thin client. So, I close this subject. Thank you!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I suggest you to open a support case with HP providing more details of the configurations and to proviee the ThinPro logs.

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Thank you for your feedback. It's about Thinpro Version 5.2 on the model T520 or Thinpro 3 for t5550. We use a custom RDP connexion xfreerdp, but we have had the same problems with the browser connection or RDP included in the Thinpro package. The problems are only through VPN when we used any Thin CLient, but not through desktop PC on Windows with RDP connexion (so its not a probleme with our internet connexion between sites). We have changed the the MTU too, but nothing changed.

Inside our network without VPN we have not this problem with the same Thin client, for that we think is samething linked with the Thinpro trought VPN.

HP Recommended

Hi Which ThinPro version ? 5 or 6 ?

Which FreeRdp Client ?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

It's about ThinPro 5.2.0 build 11

and Freerdp 1.1.1-hp8.40

but, with RDP is the same problem, but only throught VPN.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi

you could either try installing an updated FreeRDP client

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/tcdebian/updates/5.2/service_packs/Freerdp-1.1hp10d-all-5.2-x86-SQ.xar

OR

Install the 64 bit Thin Pro version

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/tcdebian/OSImages/Z7X61007.dd.gz

HP Recommended

Oh p.s.

Haeve you tried creating a Web browser (Firefox) connection via VPN ? to your RDWEB site ?

HP Recommended

Yes, I tryed too, but we have the same problems. I'll try an update of Thinpro. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I didn't find a tool to create a bootable USB stick from a .dd.gz file... I tried Win32DIskimage or Rufus, but my USB stick doesn't work. I don't find HP Thin Client Imaging Tool (CRStart.exe) from here http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02590668 .

Can you indicate me a link to do that? Thank you a lot!

HP Recommended

Hi

You have again 2 options

either, assuming you have a 64 bit windows OS to install on

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5404709&swItemId=vc_170037_1&swEnvOid=403...

or

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78457.exe

and download HP Thin Update

the http site gives you version 2.2.9, the FTP site gives you 2.3.5

If you install 2.2.9, then when running it, you will be asked whether you wish to upgrade to 2.3.5

Within that tool you have the option to download and/or create a bootable USB Imagig drive

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.