Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended

Hi, I need to know the model of antenna fitting into one of the two wifi ports of HP Thin client t620?

Normal antennas seem not to fit as they are to thick. So there must be something special about these antennas or I may need an adapter for.

Further, how can I connect the antenna's cable to the wifi card slot from outside to inside?

A picture for these port is appended.

Note, the ports have the typical wifi signal icons below them.

Wifi Ports of HP thin client t620Wifi Ports of HP thin client t620

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

These are audio in and out ports: 11 and 12 in following picture from t620 manual

BeemerBiker_0-1645111328543.png

The wifi antennas are inside the case and should be taped or glued so the wires do not get caught in the fan blades or when the lid closes. 

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

These are audio in and out ports: 11 and 12 in following picture from t620 manual

BeemerBiker_0-1645111328543.png

The wifi antennas are inside the case and should be taped or glued so the wires do not get caught in the fan blades or when the lid closes. 

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

So I have to glue or tape the antennas inside the thin client? No port to screw them on?

That would be very mad.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.