Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The title says it all, will it fit in the PCIe slot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no need to upgrade the power supply. 

The card only draws 30 Watts, and your PC's P/S is 320W.

PCIe 3.0 is backward compatible with PCIe 2.0.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are thousands of different model HP business desktops and workstations.

This question asks it all...what is the full model number or product number of your PC?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

I forgort to put it before, it is a HP Compaq 6200 Microtower

HP Recommended

Hi:

The GT1030 will fit and work just fine in the HP 6200 Pro Microtower.

I have one in my HP 8200 Elite Microtower, which is basically the same model as yours but it has the Intel Q67 chipset and supports RAID configurations and used the same BIOS as the 6200 Pro.

HP Recommended

a adapter exists which allows replacing the proprietary HP power supply with a standard upgraded ATX compatible supply doing so will allow you to install video cards that require a GPU aux connection (this only works for minitower, not sff systems)

https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Power-Adapter-Workstation-12-inch/dp/B06XW7RWNH

https://www.moddiy.com/products/HP-Compaq-Elite-8300-CMT-PSU-Main-Power-24-Pin-to-6-Pin-Adapter-Cabl...

HP Recommended

Thats good, i was worried about the slot being  PCIe 2.0 and the video card being PCIe 3.0

Also since it don't draw too much power, i'll have to replace the power supply or there's no need to that?

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no need to upgrade the power supply. 

The card only draws 30 Watts, and your PC's P/S is 320W.

PCIe 3.0 is backward compatible with PCIe 2.0.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.