Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP t520 Thin client
Linux

Hi,

I have a couple of t520's deployed in our workshop, all using HPs ThinPro 6.2.

We just got a new client that had Windows 10 IoT installed. I now would like all my clients upgraded to Windows 10 IoT and from what I understand after reading you need to purchase a license in order for the install to activate and to get past BIOS check on installation.

Question 1) Is it even possible to install Windows 10 IoT on HP t520 Thin client?

Question 2) Where can/should I purchase the licenses needed? From Microsoft? From HP? 3rd party?

Thank you for helping out, upgrading thin clients is completely new teritory for this IT admin.

Best regards,

//Henrik

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query!

Yes Windows 10 IoT is compatible with HP t520 thin client as the OS is available in HP support site.

You can check the link below.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-t520-flexible-thin-client/6875920

You would need to contact Microsoft to purchase the license since the units were shipped with Thin Pro.

Hope this helps.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I beleive HP do offer Win10 IOT LTSB upgrade kit for T520.  

You can go through MS or get with HP sale rep.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.