Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 8000 Elite USFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Got the update from Windows to upgrade and decided to upgrade to Windows 10 on a PC here in the office.  Attempted the in place download installation, but it failed, so downloaded the Media Creation Tool and downloaded and burned to DVD an .iso for the installation.  Went again for the in place upgrade, but again it failed.  The message is "Windows 10 installation has failed".  It's in a small white box.

What are the options from here? I looked for BIOS updates after reading that an older BIOS could be the source of the difficulty, but I can't make heads or tails of what exactly is the BIOS update there if there is one.  There are 5 downloads under the BIOS header.

I am ready to do whatever I have to do to get this done, but I am not sure what I should try next.  I backed up before allowing the W10 updates and starting the process, so that's not a problem.  I can flash the BIOS or whatever if necessary, just need some guidance.

Any help very much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I assume you are running Windows 7 Pro on the Elite 8000 desktop. if so, the latest BIOS is rev 1.14 and can be retrieved from http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4065880&swItemId=vc_156854_1&swEnvOid=406...

If you download and run the BIOS Softpaq, just follow the instructions to install and reboot

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I assume you are running Windows 7 Pro on the Elite 8000 desktop. if so, the latest BIOS is rev 1.14 and can be retrieved from http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4065880&swItemId=vc_156854_1&swEnvOid=406...

If you download and run the BIOS Softpaq, just follow the instructions to install and reboot

HP Recommended

Hi - I have a similar problem.

Mine is a HP Elite 8000 with  the Intel Core2 Duo CPU - E8400 3Ghz. Currently running Win 7 Pro (32 bit).

Windows 10 update fails as - it claims - the CPU doesn't support enabling the NX bit.

The Intel website says that it does.

I've updated the BIOS to  786G7 v01.14, rebooted, gone into the F10 setup but cannot find anyway of enabling the NX bit.

Anyone found an answer to this?

Thanks,

K.

HP Recommended

you could be running into an issue (my guess) that there is no support for 32bit windows 10 for any system that has a 64 bit processor. I would try downloading/creating a usb upgrade flash key and see if starting from that key helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.