Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z6XX series
Other

Does HP have a listing of workstations that support SR-IOV?
In testing Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016, we have a need to implements SR-IOV functionality and really need to find out if any of our available hardware is compatible.

Intel lists theirs here. I would expect HP to do similar.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005722.html

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes please, we definitely have a need for this.  I'm hoping the z8 can do this on every pci-express slot.

HP Recommended

I am bumping this again. We still have a need to find out what combinations of HP Z### workstations might provide SR-IOV capabilities.

HP Recommended

After doing a lot of digging.

HP Z600/620/640 workstation motherboards all have componentry that will support SR-IOV. The BIOS, on the other hand, does not support it.

When looking in the BIOS of any computer, there should be an item for SR-IOV. If it is not there, then it likely is not supported.

The Powershell instruction Get-NetAdapterSriov is very helpful as is the Powershell script survey-dda.ps1 which can be found with a simple google search.
I did find that Dell servers with a bios date somewhere in Mid 2012 does support SR-IOV. I have a 2013 model Poweredge server that I am running it on now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.