Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-05-2021 07:12 PM
I am hoping someone can help with the process of upgrading memory on the Z200 workstation.
The current memory is 4 x 1GB single rank Micron ECC PC3 10600 memory sticks that originally shipped with the workstation.
I purchased 4 x 4gb ECC Micron sticks Model number MT36JSZF51272PZ-1G4F1DD and none of the sticks work in any combination in any of the slots.
Tried 1 stick in dimm 1 and dimm 3 separately as well sticks in dimm 1 & 3. Same for dimm 2 and 4, as well as all slots populated. and I get 5 beeps with red led on the power button.
Also updated the bios to 1.22
All specs from the currently install memory and the new sticks match except for single vs dual rank and 1gb vs 4gb respectively.
Could someone help me identify if the RAM I purchased is compatible with the Z200, it has a xeon 3470 processor in it.
02-06-2021 12:24 AM - edited 02-06-2021 12:26 AM
ECC "BUFFERED" Registered memory is NOT supported on the z220
note: nECC = Non ECC
- PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 nECC Registered DIMMs CTO
- 1GB (1 x 1GB) DDR3-1333 nECC Unbuffered RAM 1-CPU
- PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered DIMMs CTO
- 3GB (3 x 1GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM 1-CPU
- 4GB (2 x GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM 1-CPU
- 1GB (1 x 1GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM 1-CPU
- 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM 1-CPU
- 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM 1-CPU
- 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM 1-CPU
- 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM 1-CPU
NOTE:Each processor supports up to two channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least one DIMM must be inserted into each channel. The CPUs determine the speed at which the memory is clocked. If a 1333 MHz capable CPU is used in the system, the maximum speed the memory will run at is 1333 MHz regardless of the specified speed of the memory.
- PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered DIMMs AMO
- 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM
- 2GB (1 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM
- 1GB (1 x 1GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAM
NOTE:Only unbuffered DDR3 DIMMs are supported.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community