Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

you cannot mix "Load Reduced" "LR" ram with normal ram doing so is a mismatched ram configuration

LRDIMMs are designed to reduce the electrical load placed on the memory controller, allowing for larger memory configurations without compromising speed or reliability.

LRDIMMs use memory buffers to consolidate the electrical loads of the ranks on the LRDIMM to a single electrical load

normal dimms do not have this buffer circuit

HP Recommended

@CoolTom,

That is excellent news! -Actually, I would choose 4 x 32GB running at 1833 MHz, unless you really, really need 256GB. Why? I am seeing it from a gaming-RAM performance perspective, where faster running RAM is almost always preferable.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@DGroves thank you, I understand that. But what you mean, I have 8 exactly same 32G RAM sticks 🙂

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777 thank you. So you think, there is no way to make it runn with full 256G on 1866MHz? Does it seems like main board limitation?

HP Recommended

@CoolTom,

It doesn't look like it.  The advantage of 4 x 32GB RAM [fitted in the correct slot load order: 1, 3, 6, and 8] not only runs at 1833 MHz, but it also runs in "Quad channel" and in "dual rank" mode, like you can see with my recent HP Z440 Workstation upgrade project with 4 x 16GB: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-an-HP-Z440-Workstatio....

You can check your RAM status for yourself by downloading this most useful freeware utility program CPU-Z from here.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777: so any idea how to push it up even with second halpf of slots populated with same RAM Sticks?

Z-cpu shows Quad but at modules info not much info.

This is situation with all RAM in 8x32G - cca 800 MHz *2 = 1600 - not sure why some diag apps shows half

01.JPG02.JPG

03.JPG

HP Recommended

@CoolTom,

Please show me the same CPU-Z tabs with 4 x 32GB installed.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777 Hi, "bit" faster but no extra info

02-01zcpu.JPG02-02zcpu.JPG02-03zcpu.JPG

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777

any idea or i just have to choose - 256G slower or 128G Faster? :))

even the cold start of the computer is faster with 128G. With 256G after turn on, its thinking almost 1min before BIOS post start

Thnx

HP Recommended

@CoolTom,

Personally, in your case, I would choose fast/responsive 4 x 32GB RAM in quad mode any time of the day, and twice on Sunday.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.