Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended

I have a Z440 that came with a E5-1607 V3.

Tried my luck and slotted in a i7-6850k and it worked perfectly. This setup survived Passmark, Intel Extreme Utility Stress tests and 24 hours or more of Prime95.

Have been using this for 3 months now.

The only drawback is the lack of ability to overclock this unlocked i7.  The XTU greyed out everything.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Typically you need BIOS support to overclock "K" models.  If you previously had XTU on your PC prior to installing the i7-6850k then I suggest that you delete out all XTU files and reinstall XTU.

Did you OC the E5-1607 V3 or attempt to OC the E5-1607 V3?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.