Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-30-2021 03:39 PM - edited 08-30-2021 03:55 PM
When purchasing a Z6 G4 workstation... If I specify a XEON Gold 6128 processor, there is no 96 GB memory option shown on the configuration web page.
This processor has 6 memory channels, so I would expect 6x16GB to be an option. Note that 48GB= 6x8GB is listed.
Is the 96 GB option missing due to a web site error, or is this combination unsupported due to a technical problem?
If there is a product limitation that prevents memory from being expanded, I would like to know about it before purchase. Web chat and phone call did not connect with someone at HP who knows the answer. ;-(
08-30-2021 05:18 PM
Please use the following Configuration options
As you can see you can use 96GB with single CPU.
Single / Dual Processor
- 24GB (3x 8GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory
- 32GB (4x 8GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$125
- 48GB (6x 8GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$375
- 64GB (4x 16GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$425
- 96GB (6x 16GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$825
- 128GB (4x 32GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$1,025
- 192GB (6x 32GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$1,725
- 256GB (4x 64GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$2,225
- 384GB (6x 64GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$3,525
- 512GB (4x 128GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$5,625
- 768GB (6x 128GB) of 2933MHz DDR4 ECC Memory +$8,625
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
08-30-2021 06:12 PM - edited 08-30-2021 09:19 PM
You're suggesting that I buy from a 3rd party rather than HP. This just avoids the question.
If (as I suspect) 96GB works fine, then the HP web site should get fixed.
But if Z... is selling this config, then it must work, so I can feel confident to add more mem after purchase from HP.
I do thank you for the suggestion. Z... has a lot of options.
08-31-2021 04:47 AM - edited 08-31-2021 04:53 AM
if you fully read the system documentation hp usually states that not all possible memory configurations are shown
the systems "quickspecs" does list a 96GB ram config in the System
Technical Specifications - System Board section of this document.