Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi sorry once again to bother the community im pretty sure a dell oem amd radeon hd 8570 will work in a hp 8200 elite sff but just checking to be sure it has a 128 bus width.

truly am sorry for asking this question any comments welcome on this thanks

Adam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Adam:

You should be fine with that card.

This site recommends a 250W power supply, but 240W is close enough, I suppose.

AMD Radeon HD 8570 OEM Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

I use Dell video cards in my PC PC's all the time.

I have a Dell Radeon HD 6450 1 GB in my 8000 Elite CMT and a Dell Radeon R7-450 4 GB in my HP 8200 Elite CMT.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Adam:

You should be fine with that card.

This site recommends a 250W power supply, but 240W is close enough, I suppose.

AMD Radeon HD 8570 OEM Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

I use Dell video cards in my PC PC's all the time.

I have a Dell Radeon HD 6450 1 GB in my 8000 Elite CMT and a Dell Radeon R7-450 4 GB in my HP 8200 Elite CMT.

HP Recommended

hi paul

thanks very much put card in installed windows 8.1 drivers as am running win8.1 works prefect your reply was very helpful also the system is not heating up as graphics card has a fan attached to it.

thanks very much.

Adam

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Adam.

Windows 8.1 goes out of support next month, so you may want to take the free upgrade to W10.

W10 will work fine on the 8200 Elite.

Make a bootable W10 USB installation drive with the media creation tool.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After the media has been created, do not boot from the media.

Open the flash drive in Windows explorer and double-click on the setup application you see in the list of files to begin the upgrade process.

You can go back to W8.1 within 10 days if things don't work right as long as you don't delete any of the upgrade files or the Windows.old folder.

Go back to Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Support

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.