Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-28-2020 09:15 AM
We own a HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server. It has one single Xeon E5-2620 v4 processor with 4 times 16GB RDIMM (64GB in total).
There is one single riser with PCIe 3.0 x8 slots. The power supply supports 500W; the heatsink is standard I guess, since the processor’s usage is below 120W (from the specs).
I have two questions concerning a GPU and additional RAM. I would be grateful if you could give me some advice.
1. We would like to equip the server with a GPU. Unfortunately, I can not see what additional parts we need in order to enable the server to support a graphics card.
- Graphics Enablement kit (what is included here?)
- double wide PICe riser x16 (is it included in the Graphics Enablement kit?)
- power supply of at least 800W (according to specs); but the Graphics card uses 250W, the processor 85W, so we are far below the 500W supply, already built in?
-additional power cable kit gen9 (not included in the Graphics Enablement kit?)
-additional heatsink (for processors with standard heatsink and double wide PCIe cards?)
2. We would like to add some additional RAM
- is it possible to add at most 8 more 16GB RDIMMs (4 already built in)?
If you require further information, please let me know.
Thnx in advance
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community