Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

well, i don't know if this question had been asked this way but is there any way to upgrade the hp 705 g3 processor  from the a series to ryzen !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@red-fire505,

I wasn't talking about the B350 chipset, but the motherboard SSID 835B "baseboard product" number.

Please check.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that would not be possible.

Below is the link to the HP 705 G3 specifications.

HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Business Desktop PC Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Looks like the best processor you can install would be the AMD PRO A12-9800.

HP Recommended

@red-fire505,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

The AMD PRO A12-9800 may be the fastest AM4-socket processor for HP EliteDesk 705 G3 SFF SSID 8265 motherboards, but I noticed that HP EliteDesk 705 G3 SFF's fitted with a motherboard SSID 835B can be fitted with an AMD Ryzen 7 processor, such as the Ryzen 7 1800X (3.60-4.00 GHz, 8 threads, 16 cores): https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/HP-EliteDesk-705-G3-SFF/47998.

One way to find out what motherboard you have, is to type in System Information in your Windows search bar, left-click on the System Information App, and look what is says to the right of "BaseBoard Product".

If it is the case that your motherboard is of the "835B" variety, you will have AM4 Ryzen options.

Just wanted to mention this bit of information.

Hope it was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

hello  NonSequitur777 , well i shall share my cpu-z info and for short yes i got b350 , but there is no specific info about it's support for the ryzen processors, the only thing i have seen that someone tried with r 5 1600x and didn't work claiming only processors with pro tag would work    

pc1.PNGpc2.PNG

HP Recommended

@red-fire505,

I wasn't talking about the B350 chipset, but the motherboard SSID 835B "baseboard product" number.

Please check.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@red-fire505,

Which is model 8265, therefore @Paul_Tikkanen's processor comment stands.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.