Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Z620 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,i have an hp Z620 workstation,and about 3 weeks,the error 513 front fan not detected.

I test the fan by using usb male to 4pin adapter,and the fan dosn't work anymore.

I replace the fan and the new fan is work by using usb adapter,but dosn't work if connected to motherboard.

The only i have change before it happen is removed the GPU Quadro 2000 2GB,and installed an radeon saphire pulse 4GB.

This AMD GPU  i found when is on the fan stop spinning alternate 5 min on and 5 min off,

So i think is different speed control than workstation do,infact it dosn't deal with bios speed fan.

So i removed the GPU AMD and i reinstall nvidia Quadro 2GB.But the error still appear.

I think the 4 pin f mainboard have issues or some,but at moment i put an jumper,the error not appear,and i connected my new

fan to usb and running standard without control.Anyone Know what happen?

Please note,i am workstation HP user since 2009,and only different i find here the fan control on bios need restart to se the change,in my old Z600 or XW8600 XW8400,XW6400, all fans speed show up straight away,But not in this Z620,

I hope is clear and someone maybe can help Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Don't know how but you manage to post this thread in the printer support HP Instant Ink section of the forum.

You will probably get more help and faster solution for your issue if your post in the notebook section.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Don't know how but you manage to post this thread in the printer support HP Instant Ink section of the forum.

You will probably get more help and faster solution for your issue if your post in the notebook section.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi thank for let me know, I was not sure where can explain my problem. Bad away why is complicate anyway, what rubbish hp made. Also i seen other people with new z4g4  PC already got problem? I wrote on notebook area but all the same. Honestly if i can't get solution i just burning down this crap and buying ryzen more faster. Hp started annoying me for this stupid issues 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.