Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp workstation z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi latly i buy an used hp workstation z800 and after one week of using it star to shut down randomly the first time i chek the temperatur of the compnant but every thing lok normal do enney one have an idea about this probleme

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
It seems that "special" power supply is the problem. Replaced it.. still had issues after a while. ended up getting a regular power supply and haven't had problems since..

Few folks on amazon and eBay sell a harness kit that fits right into the proprietary plug. so you don't have to cut/ make custom connections.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

the systeme info

Operating System
Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit

CPU 
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz                                      T = 45 °C
Westmere-EP 32nm Technology

RAM
12,0 Go Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 0AECh (CPU0 PROCESSOR)        T = 38 °C

Graphics
SMS22A350H (1920x1080@60Hz)
1536MB NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 (NVIDIA)             T = 56 °C

Storage
119GB SAMSUNG SSD PM810 2.5" 7mm 128GB (SSD)
931GB Hitachi HDS721010CLA632 (SATA)            T = 34 °C

Optical Drives
hp DVDROM DH40N

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

HP Recommended

HI Hello

You can |dentify your problem by doing following steps:

1. start your computer press f10 and keep remain power on if there is no shut down issue with oprating system

2. if your system start and after some time it shut down .you again power on the system but this time it shut down less time.I think this issue with power supply as your system is completely shut down not restarting.

try run below digonstic tool to find out more

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5225038&swItemId=wk_139807_1&swEnvOid=405...

HP Recommended

Hi ait-labyad,

Hope the issue was resolved, if not:

You can try running F2 system diagnostics which is preboot diagnostics and check if the unit is automatically shutting down.

If so, it would be the hardware that is causing it and if not, it would be the o.s. image causing it.

Please check if there are any abnormal fan activity or error messages while this issue occurs.

This unit does not support integrated graphics and hence graphics card is essential for boot process.

If the unit is able to boot and stay powered for more than 15 minutes, you can try the
HP Vision Diagnostics Offline Edition (USB Flash Disk Only) using:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5225038&swItemId=wk_139807_1&swEnvOid=405...

Alternatively, if the unit auto shuts down within 10 - 15 minutes, try swapping with a known good graphics card and test since graphics card would be primary suspect here.

If there are any issues Please use the following link to contact HP Support through phone, chat or email support incident logging medium:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.​html

Regards,

Laksh

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.
HP Recommended

The computer will go into sleep/hybernation mode unless turn off/on.

You need to go into the control panel and power setting.

You also need to check the settings for the ethernet adapter and disable "wake on lan"  so that when the somputer does try to go into sleep mode it will succeed.

I had a hard time figuring what was going on with my computer after Windows-10 upgrade. However now I have everything figured out and the z800 works great with Windows-10.

Alex Hernandez
HP Recommended

SOLVED

had the same problem, replaced parts etc.

Need to specify number of processors in msconfig > boot> advanced boot> # of processors

open cmd as admin

type 

bcdedit /set numproc 12

you will see it updates the msconfig boot

save your boot config when done

HP Recommended
Being an old machine I would maintenance all heatsinks with new thermal paste and that's including the chipset heatsink. I almost want to say that the chipset is overheating and causes a shutdow n. But I don't know of any way to monitor the temps.
HP Recommended

@ait-labyad I am not sure if this help but I had been struggling with the same issue for almost 3 months. I went through the pain of reading any and every forum and trying any and every SOFT fix including hard fixes like replacing the PSU. What I came to find out was that the culprit in this entire situation was NVIDIA Quadro 4000.  I ordered a new one off eBay and voila...the problem dissappeared. I am not sure if NVIDIA has publicly recognized this problem but I've heard many other folks having the same issue. I'm so glad that I didn't go to the extent of replacing the motherboard!!!

Summary:

Cause: NVIDIA Quadro 4000

Fix: Replace it ASAP! https://www.ebay.com

HP Recommended
It seems that "special" power supply is the problem. Replaced it.. still had issues after a while. ended up getting a regular power supply and haven't had problems since..

Few folks on amazon and eBay sell a harness kit that fits right into the proprietary plug. so you don't have to cut/ make custom connections.
HP Recommended

hi thank you all for your time and responde after struguling whit this probleme for about 6 munth and almost give up on this workstation , i did try every thing i read on forums i spend days brosing for a solution and i try evey trick replacing the termale past cleaning the heat sink replasing rams , hard drive and gpu , i was one more thing is to replace the psu and is was really ahrd to come by i did find an used one for mush cheaper price than what it cost , i replace the spu and evey thing work perfectly for about 3 mount now ty all 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.