Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
t520 thin client

Hello,

We just purchased a few HP t520s to complement a lab we have of t510s.  The t510s are working great.  The t520s are almost there.  i just need to hide one pesky splash screen.  When the t520 is booting and gets to the GUI, but before the network is connected, it shows a splash screen telling me that its "waitting for the network".  Unfortunately that splash screen also has a button labeled "Network Settings".  That button, that bad boy is what I want to disable remove or hide.  I don't care if the splash screen comes up or not, but giving the users access to the network settings and the host name and all sorts of settings is an accident waitting to happen.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get rid of that button?  I would really appreciate any clues, ideas, comments or words of wisdom on this subject.

Thank you all!

René

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Try the following: In xterm type regeditor, go to config-wizard, enablenetworkcheck set to 0, enableupdatecheck set to 0, the network/update dialog will not be displayed. You must type the value in the value dialog box and click save before going to the next registry key. If that doesn't work as expected please open a case with www.hp.com/go/support
I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Try the following: In xterm type regeditor, go to config-wizard, enablenetworkcheck set to 0, enableupdatecheck set to 0, the network/update dialog will not be displayed. You must type the value in the value dialog box and click save before going to the next registry key. If that doesn't work as expected please open a case with www.hp.com/go/support
I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Thank you!  That was excactly what I was looking for!  You rock!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.