Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my english.....

I search to update the tpm for install Win11 on my ProDesk 600 G1.

i ubdate BIOS whith : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103785.exe 

on this page i found the update file for TPM update : https://support.hp.com/ch-fr/document/c05806112 

for my case:

SP82407

i have That:

2021-07-31 03_34_35-Update TPM Firmware.png

But on that:

2021-07-31 03_35_15-Update TPM Firmware.png

I haven't never a password or a file *.tpm.

I'am on a Workgroup station.

Whit "TPM.MSC" , i haven't a set password, only a reset or on enabel.

2021-07-31 03_40_01-Gestion de module de plateforme sécurisée sur l’ordinateur local.png

I need help for update tpm.

Many thank's for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The document you referenced is for an Upgrade from an older TPM 1.2 FW to a newer TPM 1.2 FW

Your PC's TPM 1.2 device is not supported for an upgrade to TPM 2.0.

Below is the list of PC's where the TPM 1.2 device can be upgraded to TPM 2.0...

HP Desktops, Notebooks, and Workstations - HP TPM Configuration Utility With Windows 10 Anniversary ...

Even if your PC had a TPM 2.0 device, the processor does not meet the W11 Intel processor requirements.

Intel PC's need to have an Intel 8th gen core processor to be supported to run W11 when it is released to the public.

Windows Processor Requirements Windows 11 Supported Intel Processors | Microsoft Docs

You can run the W11 developer version for testing on your PC with its current configuration, but after W11 is released to market, you will need to reinstall W10.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The document you referenced is for an Upgrade from an older TPM 1.2 FW to a newer TPM 1.2 FW

Your PC's TPM 1.2 device is not supported for an upgrade to TPM 2.0.

Below is the list of PC's where the TPM 1.2 device can be upgraded to TPM 2.0...

HP Desktops, Notebooks, and Workstations - HP TPM Configuration Utility With Windows 10 Anniversary ...

Even if your PC had a TPM 2.0 device, the processor does not meet the W11 Intel processor requirements.

Intel PC's need to have an Intel 8th gen core processor to be supported to run W11 when it is released to the public.

Windows Processor Requirements Windows 11 Supported Intel Processors | Microsoft Docs

You can run the W11 developer version for testing on your PC with its current configuration, but after W11 is released to market, you will need to reinstall W10.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Tanks for your anwer.

I am sad that I cannot update. My computer is too old.

best regard

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm not happy about this either.

I am currently running the W11 developer's version on an HP 8200 Elite CMT which is older than your PC.

it has an Intel 2nd gen core processor, and also has the TPM 1.2 chip.

It runs W11 just fine.  it even seems faster on W11 than on W10.

But Microsoft is not going to relax the requirements from the current ones if they even make any concessions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.