cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Alternative to HP Photo Creations?

HP Recommended
HP Photo Creations
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Since HP is closing down HP Photo Creations soon, does anyone have suggestions for similar user friendly software to create cards, collages, etc.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,205 14,199 934 1,109
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BP94, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP does not have an alternative to Photo creations as of now. You may use any third-party applications(like adobe) available via AppStore as per your requirements.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
3 3 0 15
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why buy an hp photo smart printer if you have discontinued the hp photo creations?  That is the reason I spent the extra money for an hp printer.  Very disappointed in HP?  

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,205 14,199 934 1,109
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@geouges, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You may use the built-in apps for Windows, macOS, and your mobile devices for the majority of your printing needs. You can also install the HP Smart app to manage your printer and access solutions designed to increase your productivity and creativity. HP Smart is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. HP Smart is a free download at https://123.hp.com.

HP has stopped manufacturing Photosmart printers too.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

has anyone tried any other free software that can print cards at home?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 3 0 7
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree!  I always print out my holiday cards this time of year!  I heavily used this software for creating my own personalized cards and invitations.  Makes me think of buying another brand other than HP in the future for sure!  Very disappointed in HP!

Highlighted
Level 1
1 1 0 5
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree. I bought my printer a few month ago. Nothing told me that the software would be only usable until Dec at installation time. I "came back" to HP after some years. My last HP broke down 1 week after warranty and they only said sorry. Now the next surprise. Will be again my last printer from HP (and that of my customers).

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Curious if you got any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
3 3 0 15
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have not.  I understand that HP does not want to support or update photo creations, but it would be nice  if they could have left the software in place that we had.  

Highlighted
Level 1
1 1 0 7
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What was the reasoning behind shutting it down?  I can see no longer updating it, but to shut it down? The timing is terrible as well, Christmas, etc.  Especially worse is having no replacement.  BTW, sending customers to HP Smarts doesn't help. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation