Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@TheMozart 

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the recovery using the recovery media and check.

Please refer to the following link to perform the recovery.

Note: performing the recovery, you will lose the data and installed applications.

I would suggest you take the backup before performing the recovery.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

It is a unexpected token error, not something else. Also, the problem continues after update it (it works properly in very old version and very old version of it doesn't give any error log but it can't connect to server).  Fixing this error doesn't need recovery media. It is just programming defect.

HP Recommended

@TheMozart the programming error can be fixed via the reset, as the system files containing the error would be removed and a fresh copy of the same will be installed, therefore resolving the issue,

Also, we seem to have reached the end of the line, since we've pretty much done everything else that could possibly resolve the issue.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This error can't fixed via reset. I said this is just programming defect in HPSF.exe (according event viewer). Solution of this problem is only debugging and updating this program (I'm using HPSA 8).

HP Recommended

@TheMozart I know what you mean, however, if the issue was related to the HPSA alone, the issue would have occurred to every single person using this model, that's got Windows 10 and the version of HPSA you've got issues with, but they don't, hence reinstalling the OS should resolve the issue on your device.

I hope you understand.

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I know HPSF.exe has problem. 4 months ago, my elder brother replaced hard disk drive with solid state drive. So, we did install new OS to solid state drive and I did install HP Support Assistant but it still give system analysis error in new solid state drive. 2 months later, my computer did give blue screen error without any reason. I did look Event Viewer for find the reason of blue screen error (probably it was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error). But I didn't found log of this blue screen error in Event Viewer but I found a log called Hewlett-Packard accidently. It has a lot of error log. I did tested it and it gives unexpected token error in HPSF.exe like in these pictures.

Ek Açıklama 2019-12-18 184459.png

Ek Açıklama 2019-12-18 184459 (3).png

Ek Açıklama 2019-12-18 184459 (2).png

Ek Açıklama 2019-12-18 184459 (1).png

  

HP Recommended

@TheMozart How was the reset attempted, did you make use of a retail copy of windows or did you use the HP recovery media? 
If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My elder brother did install Windows 7 to it 2.5 years ago. Few days later, my elder brother get the computer to computer repair service. They install Windows 10 again. After that, my elder brother did order a recovery media and reload Windows 10 with recovery media. 2 years later we lost this recovery media (we did moved to new house and still I don't find recovery media.) and my elder brother replaced hard disk drive with solid state drive. So, we used retail copy of Windows 10. HP Support Assistant gives system analysis error in retail copy and recovery media. This is just programming defect in HPSF.exe (according event Viewer).

HP Recommended

@TheMozart We don't recommend using the retail copy of windows, please make use of the links I shared and order one online or try downloading the copy using cloud, the same should help resolve the issue, as it contains the fresh copy of all system files and drivers the device requires and if you continue to feel this is a programming defect as per even viewer, you'll just have to ignore the error or remove the HPSA, if you don't wish to use it, your call.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm going to fixing this program instead of you. If you don't fix and update this program, I will fix it myself. This is just unexpected token error in line 1 location 162 and 180, not something else. Also, everyone have this problem (Englishs excluded). This program is so complex and I'm searching a file causing this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.