Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Example: PavilionEliteOne 800 G5 All-in-One PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I recently purchased the HP EliteOne 800 G5 All-in-One PC.  I am having a problem resolving a Google Chrome issue. It shows that it's managed by my organization. I have no organization; I just bought a commercial PC for my own use. I searched online and tried to resolve the issue by removing the Google Chrome registry key by adding a permission to be the owner of the key, however, it did not let me delete it. I tried many other suggestions that I found on line (seems to be a common problem for some users), but to no avail. 
Has anyone encountered this problem and was able to solve it? Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Artist1001 

Perhaps I do not understand your concern - or perhaps I am missing the context...

If I am missing the point, simply ignore my contribution.  Thanks.

Discussion

The message to which you refer is not new - apparently even on those machines where the setup is not obvious (Enterprise level installations), the message has shown up in Chrome since a little before mid-2019.

Context

My own installation of Chrome is "managed".  I have several extensions installed and a couple of policies set (one of which is a security manager).

What is this?

"Your browser is managed by your organization"

The chosen wording is perhaps unfortunate.  The message makes it sound like something nefarious is happening.

The "organization" in your case likely refers to the administrator of the computer and software on the computer that includes administrator access to the applications that the particular software controls or influences.

What?

In particular, you may have installed - or allowed to be installed - certain extensions on the browser that maintain, protect, or provide services you need or want.  Software that has access to the browser may have set / added policies ( chrome://policy/  ) that impact the way Chrome works.

For example, you may have allowed (or installed) security software access in the form of a policy or an extension.

Regardless, Chrome does not violate your safety or privacy as a result of the message.  The extensions and policies you have installed (or caused to have been installed) may - or may not - include something unexpected that is good or bad. 

In other words

The message regarding a managed setup is meaningless without context.

One of the many, many articles on the subject,

this one is easy to understand and takes only a few minutes to read:

About Google Chrome's Managed by your Organization entry

If you have never done so, review the extensions you have installed, the policies that you have set (or allowed to have been set), and any enabled settings in chrome://flags/ 

Can't stand it?

Although Chrome is a defacto standard amongst browsers, you can likely live without it.

There are other browsers, in other words.

I would guess that many browsers likely share some of the same characteristics regardless of whether they provide a message of the type displayed in Chrome.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

2020 Year of Rat

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response Dragon-fur. 
To my knowledge, I have not installed any extensions to Chrome or allowed any policies.  
I just bought this PC and, after basic set up, I downloaded Chrome.

I checked the Chrome://flags & Chrome://policy but couldn’t find any such extension at all. 

mine think I’m suspicious of is the HP Client Security software, but I hadn’t even Activated it. 
It appears that I have to live with it. It does not affect the performance of Chrome anyway, and, as you mentioned, there are many other options to choose from. 

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@Artist1001 

You are welcome.

Discussion

Weird Chrome Messages

Client Security Software is your business / commercial security software that manages logins and passwords.

Ignore the odd depreciated browser message regarding the Client Security Manager (my opinion).

If, after learning more about the Client Security Manager software, you want to integrate the password Manager into the Chrome browser:

Open Client Security Manager

On the Dashboard, click Password Manager

Browser Integration

Click to  Install extension

====================================================

Help for Client Security Manager

If you have the Client Security Manager installed on the system, the help files are available:

C:\Program Files\HP\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\Help\en\

OR - if the computer does not support 64 bit, try

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\Help\en\

Note:  "en" denotes the English help file

Open the folder for your region and double-tap on the .chm file

hpsecmgu.chm

====================================================

Client Management Solutions for Business Class / commercial systems

Client Security Manager is one part of a larger "whole".  There are several interesting, powerful, and useful softwares available for use on a business class system (or group of networked computers).

Client Management Solutions – Manageability Tools

Available Tools and what they can do for you

To see the list of software, scroll down on the page and click HP Download Library

This is a big subject - if you have not before owned a business class system, take the time to read about the many options and features available to you.

Be careful - with great power comes great responsibility.  These are useful tools - they also allow you to tangle your computer into little knots.  Read - and then read again - before you deploy / enable the features.

For example:  Power-On Authentication sounds good - until you forget the password or the system locks up.  Our community cannot help with this situation.  Unless you are working / living in a very insecure environment, consider just not using this feature.   If you do lock up the computer, contact HP Technical Support.  Drive Encryption falls into this category, too.  

References

Software, Drivers & Firmware

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP EliteOne 800 G5 23.8-inch All-in-One

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

2020 Year of Rat

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Sorry, I inadvertently replied from my personal email. 
I have Norton Security and have been using Norton password manager for years. Is Client Security Software any better? Also, if I start using The HP Client Security software, do you think it will it be conflicting with Norton Security?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Artist1001 

I have one time - many years ago - used Norton.  I cannot comment on its use. 

I provided the information on Client Security as "FYI".

The Client Security Manager is a login and password security agent. 

It is not the same thing as using Security Software your computer.

I do not know whether the Norton password manager would conflict with using Client Security Manager login / password software.  I would guess the two are not compatible and they would trip over each other.

Were I you, I would keep Norton - you have been using it for years, after all.

Consider the information I provided as "FYI".

If you do not activate / set up the Client Security Manager, it will not intrude on your operations.

2020 Year of Rat

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.