Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottT2
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Client Security keeps nagging me to install a Firefox Password Management Extension

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Client Security installed on a new Win 10 Pro PC. I use Firefox as my browser. Several times a day I have a screen displayed by HP Client Security nagging me to install a Firefox Extension to manage my passwords. I already have a password management solution that does not involved Firefox. I am not about to install this extension. How do I turn off these nags?

Scott

9 REPLIES 9
DigiKill
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Client Security keeps nagging me to install a Firefox Password Management Extension

1. Go into the HP client security application. Login.
  2. Goto password management and re-authenticate.
  3. At the very bottom of the screen in tiny letters is a link to "Browser Integration". Go there.
  4. Under Firefox, turn off the "Show integration problems notifications" checkbox.

It will never bother you again.

turnoff.PNG

0 Kudos
ScottT2
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the ideas. I am sure they would have worked but I, long ago, gave up on HP Client Security and uninstalled it. It was not worth the aggrevation.

0 Kudos
carles_abast
1 1 0 2
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't have the option you mention:

security.png

Does anybody know how can I disable this annoying messages in Windows10 with HP Client Security 9?

fabriors
1 1 0 2
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello.

I'm experienceing the same very annoying problem.

I just installed HP Client Security on my new laptop and the new interface does not have the metioned options.

Please help.

Thank you.

AlexZi
Level 1
2 2 0 3
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Save and import this reg file to hide annoying Security Manager nags. The first one is for the password manager.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DigitalPersona\Applications\OTAppSettings]
"ShowTrainingPrompt"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DigitalPersona\Applications\OTAppSettings\BrowserIntegration]
"Firefox_notice"="-1"
"Chrome_notice"="-1"
denial
Level 1
4 2 0 4
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This company does not value its customers and is annoying them without acceptable option to turn these obtrusive popups off.

Such a shame.

Tom40215
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also don't have this option in my Client Security UI. .-(

HP Client Security keeps nagging me to install a Firefox Pas... - HP Support Community - 5945235 - Mozilla Firefox 14.04.2019 125556.bmp.jpg

0 Kudos
sic2
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems as if they change the way to kill those annoying messages every now and then. I got a new notebook at work and the solutions described here, aren't working for it anymore. Any ideas how to solve the problem now?

I am very glad, btw, that I didn't buy this for my private use. At first I planned so, because the Notebook is working fine, besides sending these **bleep**ed up messages. When I got those all the time and didn't find any solution, I decided not to buy. 

0 Kudos
KorbenDallas5th
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue here. CAN'T DISABLE these pop-ups. Very anoying. Tired the registry values with no luck. Anybody has information on this?.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation