Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Device Manager 4.7 VNC frequent disconnect

hp Device Manager
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

I am having an issue with frequent disconnects while remotely connected to thin clients using the buiilt-in VNC viewer

We upgraded from HPDM 4.7 SP3 to a fresh install of 4.7 SP10 (don't have  a lot of DB items, plus importing the old database caused it to break).

Both SP versions have had connections severed. Sometimes it will stay on for a long time, sometimes it would disconnect every 5-10 seconds (usually upon a mouse-click within the window), with both shadow and reverse shadow. Sometimes shadow won't connect, but reverse shadow will, but still disconnects. We have ThinPro 5.2 in the environment and are upgrading to ThinPro 7 in the near future (which I am configuring for our environment). While remoting to either of them this issue occurs (from SP10).

I work in a closed environment, thus sending logs is a pain due to security concerns.

Surely there must be a fix for this? Maybe the VNC version needs to be updated in HPDM?

I've sent _Update Agent to these Thin Clients and still the issue still occurs.

We have T730s, T620s and T610s in the environment.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation