Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

Same behavior on both the new install and after a complete uninstall/reinstall of HPDM. I went with the complete setup and didn't do anything out of the ordinary with it. The only thing I've ever been able to do successfully in this poorly named/poorly designed/poorly documented management console is add thin clients manually. They also get added automatically. That's the extent of my success with this software after 8 plus hours with it.  

All tasks I've ever sent to all thin clients I've had connected only ever have one status. "Successfully sent task to the HPDM Gateway". Progress of 1(100%). Nothing else ever happens. 

I've run through the Repository Configuration Wizard and the HTTPS test succeeds. I've manually added the gateway IP to the HPDM agent on the thin clients. I added all of the specified firewall port commands and even turned off the firewall completely. No luck. 

I've tried a few different thin clients but the ones I have at my workstation currently are running linux thinpro OS Kernel "3.8.13-hp" which I think is thinpro 5 but I'm only guessing because HP documentation is so poor that I'm not certain. 

This has been the most frustrating piece of software I've had to deal with in some time. I've read all relevant parts of the unwieldy and unnecessarily verbose Administrator's guide and am currently questioning the life choices that got me to this point. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@squarepants
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.