Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z4 G4 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

I'm installing all drivers and BIOS upgrades through HP Image Assistant 4.2.4. So the BIOS version for my HP Z4 G4 Workstation is actually 1.86 (sp99558). Because I still have some issues with BIOS I searched for solutions and found a newer version of the BIOS on the HP website. Version 2.41 (sp100227).

Looking for some other drivers I realized that HP Image Assistant 4.2.4 is not displaying the newest drivers and that's really an issue for me because I manage a large number of different HP models. A closer look at the problem shows that the HP Image Assistant 4.2.4 is apparently not displaying drivers or packages with a SP number greater than 99999.

Anybody there with the same problem? And maybe a solution...

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The issue has already been reported to HP development and they are working on the problem.  As soon as it has been corrected I will post something on this thread.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

Hi Joel

Thank you for your answer. It seems like this issue exists since october 2019. It would be great to know the timeline of the developers to fix this problem. HP SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM) and HP Image Assistant (HPIA) are broadly used solutions to maintain systems up to date. But this is not possible at the moment as they aren't getting the correct driver data from the catalogues. Could you maybe get in touch again with the developers and post the expected resolution date for this issue? Depending on that we have to change some of our technical processes...

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I believe the back-end updates to HPIA have been completed and from what I understand you should now see SoftPaqs that contain both 5 and 6 digits.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.