Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am trying to run the HP Image Assistant to automatically update drivers on computers that are already deployed.  I've tried the following command but it doesn't do anything:

HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Category:All /Selection:AutoInstallable /Action:Install /SoftpaqDownloadFolder:C\HIPA /Silent

Any idea why this is not working?

If I remove the /Silent switch the program opens and says:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name:source

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SP82000 should silently install without prompting the user for any interaction.  This issue has been reported to appropriate team within HP and is being corrected.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Before you run the following tests please keep in mind that HPIA can take several minutes to execute while it is running an Analysis of the system.  The output folder may be empty for several minutes before data appears.

Try the following commands will help you see why you are having a problem with HPIA.

This command should run an Analysis of your system and create an HTML report file as well as a XML file.

HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Action:List /Silent / ReportFolder:C:\HPIA

After the command is run, look in the C:\HPIA folder and review the HTML report file.  This file should show you a list of available SoftPaqs that HPIA found that are available for your system.  Now delete the files in the folder before the next test.

If you see that there are available SoftPaqs available try this command...

HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Action:Download /SoftpaqDownnloadFolder:c:\HPIA /Silent / ReportFolder:C:\HPIA

This command should run an Analysis of the system and download SoftPaq updates available for the system.  Again, plase remember that some SoftPaqs can be very large and take several minutes to download.  If this test was successful you can now attempt to install.  Delete the files from the C:\HPIA folder and try the following command:

HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Action:Install /SoftpaqDownnloadFolder:c:\HPIA /Silent / ReportFolder:C:\HPIA

This command should attempt to install avaialble updates to the system.

If you still experiance issues with installations you might also want to test installations using the interactive GUI.  If can install via the GUI but not via command line there could be an issue with HPIA or a SoftPaq deliverble.

Which system(s) are you using in your environment?

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

Hi Joel_R,

I'm testing this on a ZBook 14 currently.

I ran your command and it donwloaded and started the installation for the driver that was missing.  The problem is that it doesn't do it silently.  It opens up an installer window that I need to go through.

The report shows that it can be done silently (see below).

Any idea why it's not?

Thanks again!

ZBook.png

HP Recommended

SP82000 should silently install without prompting the user for any interaction.  This issue has been reported to appropriate team within HP and is being corrected.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.