Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 405 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to utilize the HPIA app to install drivers on a freshly imaged Windows 10 install.  I run the HPIA 4.2.4 and it discovered 4 drivers that needed to be updated.  I checked the boxes next to the 4 drivers and it clicked "Download" followed by "Download Softpaq(s), extract files, and install.  A few minutes later it appeared that everything installed successfully.

I ran the HPIA app again but it shows 2 drivers that are outdated (2 network drivers that were installed prior).  After trying to install them again I received no errors, but they were still not updated.

Any reason why SP99225 and SP99473 will not update via the HPIA app?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@pvr2002 

sp99225 has been superseded by

sp99703.exe

Information sheets:

sp99703.cva

sp99703.html

After Updating:

Remember to Restart the computer and log in even if the controlling update software does not say you must do so.

Not sure about the sp99473

I did have a LAN driver that seemed to have a similar problem - this went on for weeks on my Zbook 17 G3.  I was using SDM (older products still supported); the driver wanted to install, said it did install, and then came back in the check "needing to install".  I poked at it from several different places and did not find the underlying cause of the issue.  The problem finally resolved itself but only after (for a completely different reason) I broke down and reloaded Windows.  I never did figure out why the update was presumed stuck when for all intents, checks, and purposes, the updated driver had installed.  Frankly, I had been ignoring it during the last couple of weeks; I set the driver update notice to Hidden to be done with it.

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ProDesk 405 G4 Desktop Mini PC

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Well that's no good.  I'm on a fresh install of windows so re-installing won't resolve anything.  Also, besides the obvious issue of not installing the drivers its disappointing that the HPIA utility isn't providing the latest driver.

HP Recommended

@pvr2002 

@pvr2002 wrote:

Well that's no good.  I'm on a fresh install of windows so re-installing won't resolve anything.  Also, besides the obvious issue of not installing the drivers its disappointing that the HPIA utility isn't providing the latest driver.

It appears my personal observation about a separate incident, that of possible Windows File System corruption or other issue that possibly prevented a different software (SDM) from acknowledging the correct state of an installed software, has nothing at all to do with your situation.  My apologies for having "muddied the waters" so-to-speak. 

Understood.

"Latest" drivers may (at least at times) be released to accommodate additional supported models or for other reasons that may be unique to the driver.  

I believe I cannot help you - I cannot (and should not) make further assumptions about your situation and I cannot (and should not) attempt to defend or explain the behavior of a software when I lack access to the coding of that software.

If I do find useful anything to add, I will post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.