Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Image Assistant
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need a command line option to silently analyze, detect, download and Install the HP recommended driver, software and firmware/BIOS updates from the HP site.

I tried the following command and it it appeared to silently detect download and install the updates I needed:

HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Action:Install /Selection:All /Silent /ReportFolder:C:\SrcCode\HPIA\Logs /SoftpaqDownloadFolder:C:\SrcCode\HPIA\Drivers

However it also installs other HP Recommended programs that I don't want. i.e. HP Hotkey support, Collaboration Keyboards...etc.

Is there a command-line option to only upgrade the drivers and programs I already have installed?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PirateJoe 

Your command line indicates "Selection:All"

At the least, you can select from the following for the Selection designtor:

All

Critical Recommended

Routine

You may fine-tune your installation / selection list using other designators as shown in the table.

The HPIA User Guide

Chapter 7 - Running from a command-line - starting on Page 21

Example:  Designator "Selection"

Table 7-1 Command-Line options and their descriptions (continued) - Page 22

For those reading:

HP Image Assistant (HPIA)

Business Systems - Client Management Solutions (software management)

NOTICE:  The Download Library marks SDM as "EOL July 2019"

White Paper on the subject (document may or may not load - access appears to be temperamental).  If the file does not open, try copy/paste of the address into your browser address bar (URL).

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/whitepapers/SDM_EOL.pdf

Partial Excerpt of the "End of Life" PDF file content:

Confidentiality
This document can be shared internally & externally.

Introduction
HP is retiring HP SoftPaq Download Manager (HP SDM) on July 31st, 2019, it will be replaced by HP Image Assistant.

HP Image Assistant is a free tool that aids IT Administrators improve the quality and security of their PC Windows image by diagnosing the image, identifying problems, recommending solutions, and analyzing their PC’s readiness for migration between Windows 7 and Windows 10.
HP Image Assistant can be downloaded at the HP Manageability website.

HP Image Assistant (HPIA)

break...

Except continues:

Will I be able to continue to use SDM?
Yes, SDM, will continue to work and have access to updates (SoftPaqs) for older
products launched before July 31st, 2019. SoftPaq Download Manager will not be tested
with new product launched after July 31st, 2019. HP recommends using HP Image
Assistant to access updates to new products.

So, what to do?

If you can do so, it is time to migrate to the  HP Image Assistant

From the Image Assistant Web page:

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.